Welcome to our Parish website!
- The Archdiocese of Hartford has cancelled all weekend and weekday Masses in the Archdiocese until further notice.
- We will be closed. Our Masses are cancelled until further notice.
- Please stay keep checking back for updates. Stay safe everyone and may God continue to bless everyone.
- Father Sievel will be celebrating Mass via Live stream on the Parish Facebook page on Sunday at 9am, only. The video will be on this website page at 10am and can be viewed anytime.
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church will be open daily from 9am – 11am for daily prayer. Please keep a six foot distance from others in the church.
- Adoration will be at Holy Angels Church on Mondays from 6pm to 7 pm.
- Lectio Divina is currently meeting on ZOOM. Contact the parish office for details.
- Please know that you can continue your weekly offertory by mail, office door slot, or through our online parish giving.
- Father Sievel would like everyone to know that he is praying for everyone’s health and wellbeing daily.
- Faith Formation is ONLINE! Go to the Faith Formation Home Page for more information
- Pope Francis addressed an empty St. Peter’s Square on the evening of Friday, March 27th. Here are the words to the inspiring Homily of Pope Francis March 27,2020
- As per the Archdiocese of Hartford, confessions will NOT be available:
- Need Masks?
The wife of one of our staff has offered to make masks for parishioners in need. Please call the parish office, 203-235-6381 with your requests. Indicate how many adult (male/female) and children (give ages for correct size) masks are needed. The only thing that is asked is your patience as she is making them by herself. She is also taking donations of material, clothing that could be cut up and yarn. All can be brought to the parish office.
Message from Father Sievel:
As we journey through the Easter Season and Covid 19 we probably feel tired, discouraged and restless. How we yearn for a return to normal! Yet there is no “normal” any longer. The statistics are astounding still: 25,000 new Covid cases reported daily throughout the US, miles long lines of people seeking face masks and food in our own state, a new Covid related illness surfacing in children, businesses struggling to survive, millions of unemployed... We are not over this scourge. Careful planning is necessary for a reopened Connecticut.
And so, for the issue of reopening churches, we will see what instructions we receive from the Archdiocese. I hope this will be a workable and gradual process. The safety of people is my first concern as Pastor.
This pandemic has taught us that the greatest act of charity and mercy is to keep people safe. This is our goal at OLQA Parish!
So often we hear “We will get through this together” and this is true but we say in faith “God is with us, in Jesus Risen and present to the church and the world.”
May we abide in this reality too!
Forward in Faith,
Father Tom Sievel
The three churches rang their bells on Easter Day at Noon to proclaim the Resurrection and offer hope. (click here to hear it)
A Letter from Fr Sievel regarding the closing of OLMC School:
Please Update Your Parish Registration Form, you can return it in the collection basket or return to the Parish Office:
Parish Registration Form