- Write a thank you note. You can make yourself happier and nurture your relationship with another person by writing a thank you letter expressing your enjoyment and appreciation of that person‘s impact on your life. Send it, or better yet, deliver and read it in person if possible. Make a habit of sending at least one gratitude letter a month. Once in a while, write one to yourself.
- Thank someone mentally. No time to write? It may help just to think about someone who has done something nice for you, and mentally thank the individual.
- Keep a gratitude journal. Make it a habit to write down or share with a loved one thoughts about the gifts you’ve received each day.￼￼￼￼￼
- Count your blessings. Pick a time every week to sit down and write about your blessings – reflecting on what went right or what you are grateful for. Sometimes it helps to pick a number – such as three to five things – that you will identify each week. As you write, be specific and think about the sensations you felt when something good happened to you.
- Pray. People who are religious can use prayer to cultivate gratitude.
- Meditate. Mindfulness meditation involves focusing on the present moment without judgment. Although people often focus on a word or phrase (such as ‘peace’), It is also possible to focus on what you’re grateful for (The warmth of the sun, a pleasant sound, etc.).” -The Harvard medical journal.￼
Our Lady Queen of Angels
109 Goodwill Ave
Meriden, CT 06451
Parish Office: 203-235-6381
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church
109 Goodwill Ave, Meriden, CT 06451
Saint Joseph Church
22 Goodwill Ave, Meriden, CT 06451
Holy Angels Church
585 Main St, Meriden, CT 06451
Weekend Mass Schedule
4:30 pm at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church
7:30 am at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church
9:00 am at Saint Joseph Church
10:30 am at Holy Angels Church
Weekday Mass Schedule
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday:
7:30 am at The Our Lady Queen of Angels Chapel at the Our Lady of Mount Carmel Campus
No Wednesday Mass
3:30 pm-4:00 pm Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church
Confession and Adoration:
6:00-7:00 pm Holy Angels Church
For updates, please check here
- November 27, 2022
- My reflection: “Today is the first Sunday of Advent. Here is a prayer for lighting the...
- November 26, 2022
- My reflection: “Always remember, no matter what is going on in your life, it is your...
- November 25, 2022
- My reflection: “Listen to your inner voice; it is the most important connection between your...
- November 24, 2022
- My reflection: “God all powerful your gift of love, our countless and your goodness,...
- November 23, 2022
- My reflection: “Do not allow past shortcomings to govern who you are now – everyone...